Friday, October 12, 2007

Power out again !!!!

I got home late last night to find that the power had been switched off during the day.The rcbo had tripped again when power was restored. This meant that the tank was - again - without movement trough the sump for more than half of the day. Temperature had dropped to 24 deg C. I wasn't a happy camper - after much plugging in and out of equipment it seems the main return pump is at fault - it does not seem to leak to earth immediately but instead insulation breakdown after a period of running. I did not have a replacement pump to run so was forced to keep this one in service. I will be going home a little earlier today - so will try and get this sorted out.

It is also time for a water change on both tanks and this I will do on the coming weekend.

I haven't added a pic of the cube as yet and do so now :

This picture was taken shortly after the tank was set up - I have moved some of the inhabitants around since then and I have also added a Tomini Tang.

No comments:

Post a Comment