Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I am back from Capetown !!!

Boy am I pleased to be back :)

It was a very enjoyable trip and we had good weather for most of our time there. Thanx to 1time for an excellent flight there and back. I have added an extra Capetown page to record our trip. I have also included another of my experiences of the Two Oceans aquarium.

The tanks have been humming along nicely whilst in my other halves's care and I am pleased to say that nothing untoward has happened in my absence. I did small water-changes on both tanks when I returned and obviously had to do a bit of a clean of the viewing glass. I also fed my sun coral as he did not get anything to eat.

There seems to be a slight(sarcastic) bryopsis outbreak on the sps cube - will have to start removing manually - I am also thinking about adding ozone to this tank in an attempt to boost redox above 450 mv. This will hopefully combat spores and I have used this with good results in my other display.Another option would be uv but I will only consider this if the ozone does not produce results.I am also using Prodibio on both tanks .

I will update you on the progress.

May the ZEN be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment