Friday, September 17, 2010

UPDATE !!

I upgraded the firmware on my Profilux II a while ago and battled to reconnect via the RS232.
This resulted in me being unable to use old sensor calibration data and had to do all afresh.
I guess in the process the maximum on time of the auto top-up was shortened to a few seconds.
This meant that the top-off timed out before all evaporation could be replaced.
Due to a busy schedule I only picked up on it a number of days later when the return pump started sucking in air.

I immediately made the required corrections and slowly added fresh water to correct sump level.

All went relatively well - but noticed that salinity sits at 30 instead of 50 . I am a bit perplexed about this. Could not figure out how this might have happened.




No comments:

Post a Comment