Tuesday, February 5, 2008

POND

I got little joy from the skimmer pump so have decided to use it in a freshwater pond instead. I have finished doing most of the ground work and am pleased to say that I am happy with the results. I still need to make a simple filter that I will gravity feed and possibly have running over some rock work to create a waterfall. This will add O2 and should provide a nice soothing noise.
I have also included some papyrus grass and a pond lily. All considered it was a good weekends work. Pictures to follow.

I have three goldfish , Hook,line and sinker :-) who will be glad to have the extra swimming room. They are currently in a holding tank in my fish room.

The pond will form part of my Zen/Japanese garden that I am in the process of constructing.Pictures of this to follow too.

Things have been pretty quiet on the reefing front and I have ended up selling some of my equipment. I need to sell some more bits and bobs.

Happy fishy type dreams until we meet again !

No comments:

Post a Comment